Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Doubts, Worries, Regrets, and Fears

So Hurricane Irene is coming. Not too worried though. It just sucks because I work at a grocery store so yesterday and today have been crazy with people scrambling to get emergency supplies. And while the governor has declared a state of emergency, I don't think it'll be a huge issue. Because I'm not on the coast and more inland, I forecast storms and powerful winds--which hopefully won't change my move in date for college. THAT would seriously bum me out.

Anyways, I have a confession to make. If you haven't guessed already, I'm an amazing faker. So good that sometimes I even begin to believe my own delusions. I'm a sociology major. A major I picked on my own because I found the subject matter interesting but as I look into the upper-level courses and review what I'd like to do with my life. . .well let's just say I feel like I picked the wrong major. I don't feel like I'm being challenged and that my brain is slowly turning to mush because it's not being used. And it sucks! I mean, hello?! I'm already in a serious amount of debt that I don't know how for sure I can pay off. Scary.

And then there's the whole idea that I NEED to graduate in four years. It just makes me so frustrated sometimes. I wish everything in my life lined up perfectly. I wish I worked harder in high school to get into a better college. I wish I tried for more scholarships. Damn it, I wish I didn't waste my time away so much.

But I only have one life to live. My parents have always been supportive of me making my own choices and mistakes. I can handle this and need to choose the path that makes me happy and most comfortable not whatever anyone else thinks is right.

That doesn't make this any easier though.

No comments:

Post a Comment